Wm. Effler Jewelers was established in August of 1920 in Mt. Healthy by William and Clara Effler. It was the first jewelry store in the community.
William Sr. came to Mt. Healthy not only with his previous jewelry store experience, but with a background in jewelry manufacturing and watchmaking that started from age 14. The small store in a frame building at 14 North Main Street was a mom and pop operation with both William and Clara serving the people of the town. As the children grew and matured, they too assisted the operation.
In 1927, the original store, which had become too small, was replaced with a new and larger store on the same site. In 1937, a branch store was opened in College Hill. William Effler Sr. continued with the operation of both until he retired in 1948. At this point, the business was operated as a partnership by William Jr., his sister Rita, and her husband. In 1963 the partnership was dissolved, and William and his wife Dorothy assumed sole ownership of the Mt. Healthy store. They continued this operation until 1982.
In 1982, the business was sold to son-in-law Mark Andrus and daughter Mary Effler Andrus. In July 1989, Mark and Mary opened a second location on Hyde Park Square. That store since relocated to its present location in the in the Rookwood Pavilion.
As of March 1st, 2001, the Mt. Healthy location was sold and Wm. Effler Jewelers now operates soley out of the Rookwood Pavilion location.
In September 2007, the business was passed on to the fourth generation. Mark and Mary's son Adam and his wife Marianne look to carry on the tradition of excellent customer service and fine quality products for years to come in the family business.
Along with it's mission of serving the client with the "Golden Rule", strides have been made through the years to educate the staff and to make advancements in our repair and manufacturing capabilities. We're very proud to have a staff including 2 certified gemolgists appraisers, and 2 very talented craftspeople in our manufacturing shop.
It is with deep thanks and appreciation to our friends and patrons that we celebrate our 99th year.